Ellison Europe Limited (Ellison/We) welcomes customers who wish to use our various lines of die design, artwork or images that we own or licence from others including but not limited to Sizzix, eclips, SureCut, AllStar, ClearCrop (Die Images), to create and sell their own home-made craftwork (Craftwork). We do not wish to inhibit creativity, but must ensure that we protect all parties from misuse of Die Images and have therefore established this Angel Policy which must be adhered to when using our Die Images.
This Angel Policy sets out the permission we give in the form of a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferrable licence to use any Die Images that you have purchased or currently own for the purpose of creating Craftwork for sale:
- Craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually made by the selling artist. It may not be reproduced, copied, imitated or materially altered in any form by any means including graphic, electronic, digital, mechanical or photocopying.
- Mass production, assemble-line construction, production by workers for hire, packaging the Die Image shape “as is”, or syndication of Craftwork for sale is strictly prohibited.
- The Die Images which we supply are copyrighted which means they cannot be copied without permission. To help protect the rights granted by these copyrights, all Craftwork created for sale using Die Images must be attributed to respective copyright holder by marking each Craftwork with the same copyright notice found on the label of the relevant die (or on its packaging) used to create the Craftwork.
- There is no quantity limit for the sale of Craftwork so long as you abide by the restrictions stated in this Angel Policy.
- Craftworks may be sold at permanent retail locations as well as temporary craft events, community fundraisers and over the internet. In selling Craftwork, you (the seller) must make it clear that the items have been handmade by you and the Craftwork is not a product of or associated with Ellison or any of our licensors. You may indicate that the supplies used in the Craftwork are Ellison products but you must not use the Ellison logo, any Die Images logo or any of our licensors logos in any way for the purpose of promoting the sale of Craftwork.
- You may not use the Die Images for the purpose of creating company logos or trademarks.
- You assume all liability for your Craftwork. By selling any Craftwork that uses Die Images you agree to indemnify Ellison, its affiliates and licensors from any dispute that may arise from the creation of your work.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under this Angel Policy or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breach to this Angel Policy, we will still be entitled to our rights and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
This Angel Policy is governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.